This is literally the easiest crumble ever. It take 5 minutes to prepare and about half an hour in the oven. Perfect for those winter night cravings that can’t wait.
- 1/2 Cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1.5 Cup + 3 Tbsp Rolled oats
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- 3 Large Apples
- 2-3 Large Stalks Rhubarb
- 1/3 Cup + 2 Tbsp Rice malt syrup (Or 1/4 cup + 2 tsp raw honey)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan forced).
- Smear a bit of the coconut oil over the base of your pie dish.
- Chop the apple and rhubarb into small uniform cubes or slices.
- Place the rest of the coconut oil in a small pot over low heat. Once melted, add in 1 cup of the oats, cinnamon, vanilla essence, pinch of salt and 1/3 cup rice malt syrup. Give it a mix and take the mixture off the heat.
- Pour 2/3rds of the mixture into the pie dish and pour the water over it.
- Lay the apple and rhubarb over the mixture.
- Spread the rest of the mixture over the top of the apple and rhubarb.
- Sprinkle with the remaining oats and the raisins. Drizzle the rest of the rice malt over the top.
- Cover and place in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Take the lid off and turn the oven up to 230C or place under the grill for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once the top is browned and the raisins look crispy. Serve with ice cream, cream alternative or cup of tea.