These treats are so quick and easy to make, with a few simple ingredients. Even with my little girlies expectantly bouncing around, 10-15 minutes was all it took.
(Makes about 6 large slices and 20 balls)
1 x Pack of original digestive biscuits (Woolworths or Coles)
1 x Can of condensed coconut milk (Woolworths)
1/3 Cup peanut butter
1/2 Cup desiccated coconut
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
150g Vegan dark chocolate (Woolworths, Coles or health food stores)
- Crush the biscuits by hand or in a blender. I like to leave it a little bit chunky, not powdery like flour.
- Add in the can of condensed coconut milk, peanut butter and 1/4 cup desiccated coconut. Mix it all together.
- Take out half the mixture and roll into small balls.
- Put 1/4 cup desiccated coconut into a small bowl and roll the balls in it to coat. Place coated balls in fridge to set further.
- Spread a bit of coconut oil on a reusable food wrap and line a small baking tin with it. (These are a wonderful, zero waste alternative to baking paper for this. Available here.)
- Pour the remaining half of the mixture into the tin and put in the freezer for about an hour or fridge over night.
- Take the tin out and tip the set mixture off the wrap, onto a chopping board.
- Cut into even slices.
- Melt the chocolate and place each slice in to the chocolate to coat.
- Spread a bit of coconut oil over your chopping board and place the chocolate coated slices on to it.
- Put in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to set, take out and serve.
- Store leftovers in fridge for a few days.